Foxit Reader is a free PDF document viewer and printer, with incredible small size (only 2.55 M download size), breezing-fast launch speed and rich feature set. Foxit Reader supports Windows Me/2000/XP/2003/Vista. Its core function is compatible with PDF Standard 1.7. In the past, you've had to download a huge PDF reader from another software company, go through a lengthy installation process and wait for an annoying splash window to disappear just to open a PDF document. Moreover, if you want to annotate a PDF document, you have to pay US$299 to buy certain software.Now with Foxit Reader, you don't have to endure such pain any more. The following is a list of compelling advantages of Foxit Reader:
- Incredibly small: The download size of Foxit Reader is only 2.55 M which is a fraction of Acrobat Reader 20 M size.
- Breezing-fast: When you run Foxit Reader, it launches instantly without any delay. You are not forced to view an annoying splash window displaying company logo, author names, etc.
- Annotation tool: Have you ever wished to annotate (or comment on) a PDF document when you are reading it? Foxit Reader allows you to draw graphics, highlight text, type text and make notes on a PDF document and then print out or save the annotated document.
- Text converter: You may convert the whole PDF document into a simple text file.
- High security and privacy: Foxit Reader highly respects the security and privacy of users and will never connect to the Internet without users' permission. While other PDF readers often silently connect to the Internet in the background. Foxit PDF Reader does not contain any spyware.
The following is a list of exciting new and enhanced features in Foxit Reader 2.3.
- Bookmark Design
- Multi-tab Browsing
- Multimedia Player Support
- Callout and Text box Tool
- Commenting Text Tool
- Rulers and Guides
- Automatic Scrolling
- OCG Support
- FDF Related
- Optimized Rendering
- Improved Link Tools
- Improved Snapshot
- Search Enhancement
- Better Annotation control
- Font Information
- Updated Command Line
- Streamlined UI
- Many Bug Fixes
Foxit Reader itself is free. The critical add-ons are free while advanced add-ons have a reasonable cost. For example, you can use the following functions for free:
- View or print PDF document
- Add or edit bookmarks in a PDF file if the security settings allow
- Basic PDF form operations i.e. filling out PDF forms and printing them out
- Advanced PDF form operations, such as saving filled-out forms and import/export forms, free for personal and non-personal usage
- View PDF as text
- Critical add-ons, such as UI language package, JPEG2000/JBIG decoder, CJK package, GDI+ for early Windows version, etc
The following are Foxit Reader Pro Pack, which can be added for reasonable cost.
- c is not free. It includes the following functions:
- Text viewer and text converter
- Form filler
- Spell checker
- Advanced editing tools, including measure tools, image tool, file attachment tool, link tools, annotation selection tool, and more
- Actually without Pro Pack, you are still able to annotate a PDF document and print it out. However when you save the annotated document, it will be stamped with an evaluation mark on the top-right corner of the annotated pages. If you purchase a Pro Pack add-on, then there will be no evaluation mark.
- Foxit Form Designer is not free. It enables you to add push buttons, text fields, check boxes, list boxes or radio buttons to an interactive PDF form and specify their properties. If you purchase a license for Foxit Form Designer, the license automatically covers all the features that are available in Pro Pack.
You may evaluate form designer functions before buying it. If you do so, evaluation marks will be added to the top-right corner of the modified pages. If you purchase a license of Foxit Form Designer, you will be able to get rid of the evaluation marks.
- Foxit PDF Creator, which allows you to convert a non-PDF file into a PDF file, is non-free.
- Foxit PDF Editor, which allows you to modify content of a PDF file, is non-free.
Back to top
The Computer Group, Inc.
41252 Vincenti Court Novi, MI 48375
Phone: (248) 888-6900 | Toll Free: (800) 522-8671 | Fax: (248) 888-6925